The Creative Writer’s Workshop – Irene Graham
Sun 9 July to Sun 16 July
Limited to 12 spaces
Venue: Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Way
- Inis Mór Island, Aran Islands, off Galway
- Doolin, Co. Clare – nestled beside the famous Cliffs of Moher
The Creative Writer’s Workshop:
Professional Development | Creativity Unplugged Workshop & Retreat
with Book Writing Coach, Author & Photographer Irene Graham
Unravel the cobwebs in the corners of your mind, tap into your creative core and unveil your creative potential. 8-days of Creativity Unplugged amidst the raw beauty of Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Way in the West of Ireland.
In July 2017 Irene Graham, Founder of The Creative Writer’s Workshop, is offering a unique workshop in Professional Development and Creativity, developed from 25 years of Irene’s innovative techniques in teaching creative writing and memoir, and her career as a high-end professional Photographer.
Weaving together core elements of proven techniques you will engage in a series of fun exercises to tap into your imagination, trigger concepts, enhance writing creatively and deepen cognitive skills. This 8-day journey will show you how to develop personal skills to create, teach, write, communicate, manage and enhance your working life. Throughout the workshop you will create a visual memory of your creative insights.
The Creativity Unplugged Workshop also merges workshop activities with the environment to help rediscover your sense of self, through engaging with the landscape walking ancient sites discovering myth and legends. The retreat also includes rubbing shoulders with the best of Irish musicians and engaging in meaningful discussions.
No journey is memorable without gourmet food and a luxurious private room to rest your body and take you into a peaceful slumber each night. That is, after watching the stars or photographing the majestic sunset and skies over Galway Bay and across the famous Cliffs of Moher.
Get ready for an unforgettable journey of discovery!
If you want to recharge not only your batteries but also your abilities to think outside the box again, and put vigor into your creative processes and projects, this is the workshop to find out how.
Play as you learn! Express yourself!
Using right-brain/left-brain and innovative visual techniques and exercises will help you to:
- tap into your imagination
- invigorate and deepen inherent creativity
- connect to story
- understand creative processes to enhance your personal skills
- trigger life experiences to explore story
- shape writing voice for creative & personal narratives
- gain insight into your personal creative process
- discover techniques to enhance individual projects
- expand cognitive thinking skills
- create a visual memory of your journey
Irene’s Professional Development and Creativity Unplugged Workshop and Retreat is open to:
- Business Personnel
- Professors / Lecturers in Higher Education
- K12 / Primary / Secondary Teachers
- Film Makers / Artists / Performing Arts
- Professional Development & Creativity Unplugged Workshop with Irene Graham
- Private Bedroom en suite, per participant, 7 nights
- Guided Walks to ancient sites (3)
- Special Tour of Inis Mór Island
- Pony Trap Ride across Inis Mór Island
- Tour & Tickets to Cliffs of Moher
- Tour & Guided Walk in The Burren
- Breakfast each day
- 3 x Lunches
- 4 x Dinners
- Creativity Journal
Fee: €2,495 euro
Grants: Do check with your university professional development program/school authority for available grants. Certificate of Attendance supplied.
Note: Participant partners are welcome to share the Inis Mór Island and Doolin experience – without partaking in the creativity workshop ie: Accommodation (sharing room with partner) with all other activities above. Details on application.
Connect with your creativity.
Invigorate your imagination.
Contact Irene for Further Details HERE
Spaces Limited to 12 Participants
Workshop Code: W165